Lupinus albus (white lupin) seed extract.
What is Collageneer®?
A proprietary lupin seed extract, trade named Collageneer®, that serves as a multi-benefit firming active by stimulating synthesis of a high-quality collagen in the skin. it has remarkable anti-inflammatory abilities, anti-cancer qualities, and it effectively increases skin elasticity to firm and remodel the facial contour. this extract is specially synthesized to yield an ester known as lupeol, a pharmacologically active pentacyclic triterpenoid. lupeol is extracted from the coatings of sweet white lupin seeds in a patented process and holds the trade name Collageneer®.
Lupeol is an active molecule that increases the synthesis of Collagen 1 and HSP 47 (Heat Shock Protein), a “chaperone” protein that facilitates collagen production. A clinical study showed the firmness of the skin improved by 92% and the sagging of the facial contour reduced by 72% after 42 days.1 It also shows promise for treatment of skin damage, including thermal, chemical and radiation burns.2
Lupeol has shown promise as a chemo preventative, meaning it may help slow the development of cancerous skin cells.3 Last but not least, lupeol is a potent anti-inflammatory and may help reduce visible signs of skin conditions such as eczema and acne.4, 5
- Collageneer® by Laboratoires Expanscience – Personal Care & Cosmetics. (2020). Retrieved March 2020, from https://www.ulprospector.com/en/na/PersonalCare/Detail/3036/91617/Collageneer
- Malinowska M, Miroslaw B, Sikora E, Ogonowski J, Wojtkiewicz AM, Szaleniec M, et al. (2019) New lupeol esters as active substances in the treatment of skin damage. PLoS ONE 14(3): e0214216. https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0214216
- Saleem, M., Afaq, F., Adhami, V., & Mukhtar, H. (2004). Lupeol modulates NF-κB and PI3K/Akt pathways and inhibits skin cancer in CD-1 mice. Oncogene, 23(30), 5203-5214. doi: 10.1038/sj.onc.1207641
- Lucetti, D., Lucetti, E., Bandeira, M., Veras, H., Silva, A., & Leal, L. et al. (2010). Anti-inflammatory effects and possible mechanism of action of lupeol acetate isolated from Himatanthus drasticus (Mart.) Plumel. Journal Of Inflammation, 7(1), 60. doi: 10.1186/1476-9255-7-60
- Kwon, H., Yoon, J., Park, S., Min, S., Kim, Y., & Park, J. et al. (2015). Activity-Guided Purification Identifies Lupeol, a Pentacyclic Triterpene, As a Therapeutic Agent Multiple Pathogenic Factors of Acne. Journal Of Investigative Dermatology, 135(6), 1491-1500. doi: 10.1038/jid.2015.29